Terms & Conditions
Druces Note: for online use at www.drinklimited.com.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
These terms were last updated on 6 January 2023.
Where to find information about us and our products
You can find everything you need to know about us, Limited Whisky Limited (t/a Drink Limited), and our products on our website at www.drinklimited.com or from our sales staff before you order. We also confirm the key information to you in writing before and after you order, either by email or in your online account.
When you buy from us you are agreeing that:
- We only accept orders when we've checked them.
- Sometimes we reject orders.
- We charge you when we accept your order.
- We charge interest on late payments.
- We pass on some increases in VAT.
- We're not responsible for delays outside our control.
- Products can vary slightly from their pictures.
- We charge you if you don't give us information we need.
- If you bought online or over the telephone, you have a legal right to change your mind.
- You can end an on-going contract (find out how).
- You have rights if there is something wrong with your product.
- We can change products and these terms.
- We can suspend supply (and you have rights if we do).
- We can withdraw products.
- We can end our contract with you.
- We don't compensate you for all losses caused by us or our products.
- We use your personal data as set out in our Privacy Notice.
- You have several options for resolving disputes with us.
- Other important terms apply to our contract.
We only accept orders when we've checked them
We contact you to confirm we've received your order and then we contact you again to confirm we've accepted it and we dispatch the product to you.
Sometimes we reject orders
Sometimes we reject orders, for example, because a product is unexpectedly out of stock, because we can't verify your age (where the product is age-restricted), because you are located outside our delivery areas, as stated on our website or because the product was mispriced by us. When this happens, we let you know as soon as possible and refund any sums you have paid.
We charge you when we accept your order
However, for some products we take payment at regular intervals, as explained to you during the order process. You will own your product once we have received payment in full.
We charge interest on late payments
If we're unable to collect any payment you owe us we charge interest on the overdue amount at the rate of 5% a year above the Bank of England base rate from time to time. This interest accrues on a daily basis from the due date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment. You pay us the interest together with any overdue amount.
We pass on some increases in VAT
If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
We're not responsible for delays outside our control
If our supply of your product is delayed by an event outside our control, we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and do what we can to reduce the delay. As long as we do this, we won't compensate you for the delay, but if the delay is likely to be substantial you can contact our Customer Service Team: email@example.com to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for, but not received, less reasonable costs we have already incurred.
Products can vary slightly from their pictures
A bottle’s true colour and appearance may not exactly match that shown on your device or its packaging may be slightly different.
We charge you if you don't give us information we need
We charge you additional sums if you don't give us information we've asked for about how we can access your property for delivery. For example, we might need to re-deliver on another vehicle. You may be required to provide proof that you are over the age of 18 when taking delivery of your order.
If you bought online or over the telephone, you have a legal right to change your mind
Your legal right to change your mind. For most of our products bought online or over the telephone, you have a legal right to change your mind about your purchase and receive a refund of what you paid for it, including the delivery costs. This is subject to some conditions, as set out below.
When you can't change your mind. You can't change your mind about an order where the bottle or individual bottle packaging has been unsealed after you receive it.
The deadline for changing your mind. If you change your mind about a product you must let us know no later than 14 days after the day we deliver it. If the product is for regular delivery (for example, a subscription), you can only change your mind after the first delivery. If your purchase is split into several deliveries over different days, the period runs from the day after the last delivery.
How to let us know. To let us know you want to change your mind, contact our Customer Service Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
You have to return the product at your own cost. You have to return your product (and any free gifts provided with it) to us within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind. Returns are at your own cost, unless we offered free returns when you bought the product. You can send the product back to us, using an established delivery service. If you do this you should keep a receipt or other evidence from the delivery service that proves you have sent it and when you sent it. If you don’t do this and we don’t receive the goods at all or within a reasonable time we won't refund you the price. For help with returns, including our collection arrangements for products which can't be posted, see our Returns Process or contact our Customer Service Team: email@example.com
We only refund standard delivery costs. We don't refund any extra you have paid for express delivery or delivery at a particular time.
We reduce your refund if you have used or damaged a product. If you have opened the bottle or individual bottle packaging, or damaged the packaging, we reduce your refund, to compensate us for its reduced value. In some cases, because of the way you have treated the product, no refund may be due.
When and how we refund you. If you tell us you've changed your mind about a product that hasn't been delivered or one that we're collecting from you, we refund you as soon as possible and within 14 days. If you're sending your product back to us, we refund you within 14 days of receiving it (or receiving evidence you've sent it to us). We refund you by the method you used for payment. We don't charge a fee for the refund.
You can end an on-going contract (find out how)
We tell you when and how you can end an on-going contract with us (for example, for a subscription to goods) during the order process and we confirm this information to you in writing after we've accepted your order. If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Service Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
You have rights if there is something wrong with your product
If you think there is something wrong with your product, contact our Customer Service Team: email@example.com. We honour our legal duty to provide you with products that are as described to you on our website and that meet all the requirements imposed by law. Your legal rights are summarised below. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.citizensadvice.org.uk. Remember too that you have several options for resolving disputes with us.
Summary of your key legal rights
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your product your legal rights entitle you to the following:
· Up to 30 days: if your goods are faulty, then you can get a refund.
· Up to six months: if your goods can't be repaired or replaced, then you're entitled to a full refund, in most cases.
· Up to six years: if your goods do not last a reasonable length of time (other than if you have consumed the whisky) you may be entitled to some money back.
We can change products and these terms
Changes we can always make. We can always change a product:
- to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
- to make minor technical adjustments and improvements. These are changes that don't affect your use or enjoyment of the product.
We can suspend supply (and you have rights if we do)
We can suspend the supply of a product. We do this to:
- deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
- update the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; or
- make changes to the product (see We can change products and these terms).
We let you know, may adjust the price and may allow you to terminate. We contact you in advance to tell you we're adjusting the price or suspending supply, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency.
We can withdraw products
We can stop providing a product, such as a subscription for goods. We let you know at least one month in advance and we refund any sums you've paid in advance for products which won't be provided.
We can end our contract with you
We can end our contract with you for a product and claim any compensation due to us if:
- you don't make any payment to us when it's due and you still don't make payment within 7 days of us reminding you that payment is due;
- you don't, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information, cooperation or access that we need to provide the product, for example, how to effectively deliver to your location or your proof that you are over 18 years of age;
- you don't, within a reasonable time, either allow us to deliver the product to you or collect it from us.
We don't compensate you for all losses caused by us or our products
We're responsible for losses you suffer caused by us breaking this contract unless the loss is:
- Unexpected. It was not obvious that it would happen and nothing you said to us before we accepted your order meant we should have expected it (so, in the law, the loss was unforeseeable).
- Caused by a delaying event outside our control. As long as we have taken the steps set out in the section We're not responsible for delays outside our control.
- Something you could have avoided by taking reasonable action, including following our reasonable instructions for use.
- A business loss. It relates to your use of a product for the purposes of your trade, business, craft or profession.
You have several options for resolving disputes with us
Our complaints policy. Our Customer Service Team: firstname.lastname@example.org will do their best to resolve any problems you have with us or our products.
You can go to court. These terms are governed by English law and wherever you live you can bring claims against us in the English courts. If you live in Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland, you can also bring claims against us in the courts of the country you live in. We can claim against you in the courts of the country you live in.
Other important terms apply to our contract
We can transfer our contract with you, so that a different organisation is responsible for supplying your product. We'll tell you in writing if this happens and we'll ensure that the transfer won't affect your rights under the contract.
Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. You cannot transfer it, and nobody else can enforce it and neither of us will need to ask anybody else to sign-off on ending or changing it.
If a court invalidates some of this contract, the rest of it will still apply. If a court or other authority decides that some of these terms are unlawful, the rest will continue to apply.
Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. We might not immediately chase you for not doing something (like paying) or for doing something you're not allowed to, but that doesn’t mean we can't do it later.